Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Good news

All you write is sad crap, why would anyone want to read it?

It was a genuine enough question and I had to ask myself why I bother at all. I know mostly I write these things for myself and sometimes that is enough.  Sometimes it isn't, sometimes I yearn for approval, acceptance, fame, recognition.  And why don't you write something happy?  Also a genuine enough question and one I don't often have an answer to.  I find my life in general more dramatic than happy, more stressed than serene. I often find myself lacking in good news.  And perhaps I don't find the good news interesting.

But here goes:

I have some good news.

My house is getting fixed.  I started painting today, we'll move back in in a few weeks.  The insurance company finally paid up enough to get it up and going again and I am so damn happy to be moving home again after 8 months.

Also my youngest is coming home after 4 weeks with daddy and she didn't want to stay there. She's missed me and wants to come home.  I miss her so damn much and I was dreading she wouldn't want to come back.

And we got a puppy, and it is a small ball of joy and I find myself smiling every time I see her.

Also the tumor was removed cleanly from my mom, it was cancer and enormous but there is a 50% chance it won't regrow and she will be fine. Also she seems happier than in recent years, and seems to be cherishing her life more.

In addition I finally found the courage today to take control of my business. My manager is looking for a new job and will stay on only part time until she gets one.  So it's time for me to take over the reins of my business for the first time since I bought it 8 years ago.

So all is good things are going well, no disasters to report... but I'll probably find something to whine about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment