Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Roach in the Fridge

I found a roach today, in the fridge. It was dead. I'm pretty sure it died of hunger. Seems fitting, the only thing in the fridge, except for the cockroach, was a bottle of white wine (bought for a date that didn't happen to plan) and some dried pieces of bread too old and too desiccated for even a roach to devour.

My life is pretty much like that fridge right now. Everything has been removed from it, placed somewhere else or put on hold for later. The only things left are memories and crumbs too small to sustain life. My life is in upheaval right now, in need of a good clean out. Time to take out the memories, dispose of the debris, throw out the dead roaches and move on.

Tomorrow I will clean the fridge and the moving men will move it and I to our new home. Tomorrow we will start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment